Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.4

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

DeUglyOne

I haven't ignored you yet?
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Greetings to everyone!
I would like to ask for help translating a VN Ren'PA game into another language.
How can I save the dialogues in a file so that I can solve this problem with a translator? For example, Google Translate

Thanks
Google is your friend (renpy dialogue translation). Use it, and stop spamming with your off topic in other threads.
We have an entire forum dedicated to translation, yet you come ask in a thread for a completely different topic.

Not a good way to win friends and influence people. Do it enough and it'll get you banned.

G_morning

Jun 13, 2022
Google is your friend (renpy dialogue translation). Use it, and stop spamming with your off topic in other threads.
We have an entire forum dedicated to translation, yet you come ask in a thread for a completely different topic.

Not a good way to win friends and influence people. Do it enough and it'll get you banned.

Sorry to ask in the wrong place. I would like to know the name of that forum and how to find it? Thanks

meltyquestfan

Aug 2, 2020
I am about to type a stupid question so please endure this retard.

I assume that when the game launches it will attempt to load all .rpy files inside "game" folder. And your code overriding the text box code will basically hide it? but why it has a priority over the original code defining what is the text box is?

also, I see some games that has a text box opacity option. Is it possible to add few lines in a file to include this option in every renpy game?

as I said, stupid questions :HideThePain:

Asheath

Jan 23, 2021
I assume that when the game launches it will attempt to load all .rpy files inside "game" folder. And your code overriding the text box code will basically hide it? but why it has a priority over the original code defining what is the text box is?
Because of an extra line added to prioritize load order like "init 999:"

also, I see some games that has a text box opacity option. Is it possible to add few lines in a file to include this option in every renpy game?
Probably yes, it's been a while, so I don't remember all the details, but you basically have to change textbox opacity in screens.rpy from being a flat number to a variable, and then add the slider to control that variable.

Reactions: meltyquestfan

DeUglyOne

I haven't ignored you yet?
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I am about to type a stupid question so please endure this retard.

as I said, stupid questions :HideThePain:
Probably possible for a stand-alone, but never tried it myself.

So little code to change that I'm amazed that more devs don't do it (or why it's not a RenPy default).
Here's the code I'd been using, left for a dev here that had asked about it.
Here is the single line to add an outline to the font (an afterthought after I'd left the above).

Reactions: meltyquestfan
Jul 16, 2018
Is the variable we need to change in screens.rpy called 'persistent.opacity'?
Is it the same name in every VN, i.e., is it universal?

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes