Others Legend of Krystal: Rebirth Continued [Development Thread]

Humalien

Mar 10, 2018
The biggest problem with your project might be that the older generation no longer believes in the success of this brand. Over the lifespan of Flash games, a dozen LoK projects have been released, and none were even halfway completed. Meanwhile, the younger generation has no idea this even exists...

Reactions: Latetoparty

tekunikaru

Corporal Lurker
Donor
Aug 26, 2019
The biggest problem with your project might be that the older generation no longer believes in the success of this brand. Over the lifespan of Flash games, a dozen LoK projects have been released, and none were even halfway completed. Meanwhile, the younger generation has no idea this even exists...
This specific thought appeared in my head a few weeks ago with the launch of Azure Tales.

You're right, past projects haven't reached their full potential, and evolving generations is a valid concern. But I have plans to address this.

This revival is a passion project for me, but it's also part of a larger vision for the community. Think beyond just this one project. Imagine a space where we can revive and build upon past efforts of other abandoned projects. As things develop, I'll be sure to share more details about the future roadmap and how the community can get involved. That said, I don't plan on committing to it until I either get LOKRC to the original v0.8 state or there's enough community engagement to justify it. (We do, however, already have a modest but very nice server infrastructure, tho)

I'm basically alone in this; the rest of the founding maintainers aren't engaged in the same way. I don't blame them—everyone has different priorities, and I understand that they can't be as involved as they once were.

Nonetheless, in the meantime, I'll keep developing LOKRC.

Shirafune

Engaged Member
Jun 6, 2017
Good luck, always preferred the original project rather than the new one
Perhaps if you made a discord as someone already suggested, there'd be more engagement

Humalien

Mar 10, 2018
Good luck, always preferred the original project rather than the new one
Perhaps if you made a discord as someone already suggested, there'd be more engagement
Meh, maybe if 95% of the 'LoK' projects weren’t scams, then... and only then would there be a chance that someone would actually deliver. But as it stands, it feels like a pipe dream with so many letdowns and false promises. Even if someone had the best intentions, it would probably end up like Duke Nukem Forever.

Shirafune

Engaged Member
Jun 6, 2017
Meh, maybe if 95% of the 'LoK' projects weren’t scams, then... and only then would there be a chance that someone would actually deliver. But as it stands, it feels like a pipe dream with so many letdowns and false promises. Even if someone had the best intentions, it would probably end up like Duke Nukem Forever.
Yeah, that's true
I just enjoyed this game way better than whatever the devs from the tribe are coming up with