Daz3d Assets - The Good and the Bad.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I've been messing with Daz for a few months now.
I absolutely love it.
But already I've discovered the vast difference between high quality assets and stuff not worth bothering with.
My other gripe is regarding G9 figurers and the weird underarm issue they seem to have when compared to G8.
I'm hoping to improve my quality of work by producing high quality renders for future Ren'Py games I wish to make.
I was wondering if anyone can suggest high quality figures, clothes and more importantly hair assets.
Hair seems to be a real issue with Daz.
So many of the hair products just don't seem to offer enough options to mould the hair to your character.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Another thing I need to get into, is the post work. Making the renders "pop", something I've noticed about the more popular VN games featuring Daz. I don't seem to be able to find any information regarding the process of enhancing the aesthetics of a render.

GamesMtP

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Another thing I need to get into, is the post work. Making the renders "pop", something I've noticed about the more popular VN games featuring Daz. I don't seem to be able to find any information regarding the process of enhancing the aesthetics of a render.
Some that seems to get a lot of replies is posting some renders you like and asking how they were done.

jkjyuio

Jan 23, 2022
There are enormous differences in quality both in G8 and G9. Some G8 figures look better than G9. I'm hoping as time goes on G9 offerings will improve. Hair is crucial.

Making your renders pop is all about lighting. Also expect to do some postwork. Good luck with your stuff.

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
The keys to this is lighting, depth of field, framing and color grading.

It's all about how to subtly use those concepts into story telling. If character A is the focus of the render, then the lighting should be focus on A, the framing/posing should guide the viewer's eyes toward A, the camera should be focus on A, and the color grading of the scene should be focus on conveying A's emotions.

There's no silver bullet tho, gotta spend time tinkering with the tools you have and see what work for you and your story/renders

Reactions: jkjyuio